Ceph School

I don't know if ya'll have found this yet but cephschool (www.cephschool.utmb.edu) is a website done by the NRCC and UTMB. It is still in construction mode but there are a few things already up such as several live camera's in the NRCC tanks with nautilus, squid, cuttlefish and octopus. There is also lots of cephalopod info. It is a resource for kids (and adults) wanting to learn about cephalopods. Just giving a heads up. :smile:

....'squidcam' catching on ay wot! Hmmmmm. I'll have to do one better then! We're starting up YETIcam, SETIcam and UFOcam soon, in addition to PILLcam (where you can follow real-time the path of a squid through a sperm whale); then there'll be STEVEcam (a camera attached to my shoulder, so you can all see me sweating, screaming, beating students, yelling, hollering and doing my general day-to-day actvities).

Looks like a great site in the developing!

Steve O'Shea said:
....'squidcam' catching on ay wot! Hmmmmm. I'll have to do one better then! We're starting up YETIcam, SETIcam and UFOcam soon, in addition to PILLcam (where you can follow real-time the path of a squid through a sperm whale); then there'll be STEVEcam (a camera attached to my shoulder, so you can all see me sweating, screaming, beating students, yelling, hollering and doing my general day-to-day actvities).

Looks like a great site in the developing!

The STEVEcam might be interesting. We have had our cameras up for about a year the only problem is we are always moving animals around so sometimes you will be looking at a empty tank. But we can always say that in that tank are the new glass squid. :lol:

chrono_war01 said:
I think that STEVEcam would be nice, but would it actually be placing Steve in a glass tank and pouring in shrimp when Steve feels hungry? :lol:

Steve might prefer wine and squid. A tank isn't necessary if you're near the right restaurant. I think of all the cams, squid cam is the only one that will work up my appetite.

Melissa

SteveCAM:
Fluid- Wine
Food- Shrimp and squid
Barrier: Land called NZ ( Might escape by using airplane)

SquidCAM:
Fluid- Sea water
Food- Shrimp
Barrier: Large Seawater tank

Steve O'Shea said:
We're starting up YETIcam...
Oii!! nobody is setting a camera near me! :mad:
STEVEcam (a camera attached to my shoulder, so you can all see me sweating, screaming, beating students, yelling, hollering and doing my general day-to-day actvities).

*ponders if the STEVEcam would be admissible in court....*
Just thinking out loud :lol:

To be on the safe side, I've just been looking around to check if there wasn't already a WETLABcam and a TPOTHCUBICLEcam.
Cuz that'd explain why Master O always pops around when i'm not working :confused: (except that one time when i was actually working... must have been a fluke or something... sure did give him a scare... promised i won't do it again...)

TPOTH

Crikeys...if they actually did a "SteveCam" we would have to watch him eat that pile of cr*p with the beans and all...probably with ND playing in the backround !!!!!

Especially this weekend!

... And then there's 'DURDcam,' to record the doings of several members here (TPOTH & co) in the Department of Underwater Research Division or whatever I've just been told they're called. Tee-hee. :roll:

Tintenfisch said:
Especially this weekend!

... And then there's 'DURDcam,' to record the doings of several members here (TPOTH & co) in the Department of Underwater Research Division or whatever I've just been told they're called. Tee-hee. :roll:
Ain't no doings to record around here :wink:
As for the chosen acronym:
Steve O'Shea said:
It is probably not surprising that MANY students today are very capable of criticising or reviewing something, but they grind to a halt when asked to construct something (even a sentence)
Good thing some people decided to write something on the door...else we'd still be the students in that room at the end of the cridor... and imho SITRATEOTC is no better :P
*shrugs*

TPOTH

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back