Ceph Postdoc opportunity

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
Moderator (Staff)
Posted on Ceph's Yahoo forum, reposted here with permission. The email is removed by the forum software but I can ask for it if the other info is not enough to make contact.

Dear Cephalophiles,

There's a job opening for a Postdoc to work on a new 3-year interdisciplinary NSF grant "INSPIRE: Dynamical Principles of Animal Movement". The grant investigates the relation between the movement of 3 hydrostats: human tongue, octopus arms, and C. elegans. The goal is to understand the influence of task of movement on motor control, with the tongue's task being communication vs. swallowing, the octopus task being manipulation and locomotion, and C. elegans being locomotion. I'm an Assistant Prof. of Linguistics at the University of Southern California. My Co-Investigator is Andrew Gracey, of USC Marine Biology, and we're collaborating with two consultants, Jennifer Mather and Bill Kier. The Postdoc would work at USC and at USC's Wrigley Institute on Catalina Island on several experiments with the goal of understanding complex movements of the octopus arm, mostly through quantification of high speed film data, and modeling studies.

We're looking for a person with interest and experience in Octopus or Squid behavior, who is either completed their Ph.D. or very close to finishing. If you're interested, please send an email to me at kiskarou@... to inquire about applying. Thanks!

Grace Ford Salvatori, 301P
Los Angeles, CA 90089-1693

I now have the whole email address. PM me if you are interested in contacting Khalil.

Oooh! Not in my area of expertise or particular interest, but this sounds so cool!!

Do you think it would be ok if I sent this around to a few labs I know of? They may already know about it, of course....

I thought of you when I saw this and wondered if it would be of interest. There was no hesitation when I asked about posting here so I am sure it would be welcomed.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back