[Ceph Care Article]: DIY Skimmer

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
TONMO.com member Lawfish has contributed detailed instructions on how to make a skimmer for your octopus tank. These do-it-yourself instructions are accompanied by close to 50 photos and diagrams!

This article contains all the information you need to make your own skimmer, including an section devoted to acrylic basics. Lawfish is standing by in the Tank Setup and Maintenance forum to field any questions or input. :)

DIY Skimmer

Great thanks to Lawfish for this generous contribution to the community.

WhiteKiboko

Colossal Squid
Supporter
Registered
good work....slightly outside my current capabilities but might come in handy in the future....

Jeff8081

Larval Mass
Registered
Thanks for the DIY protein skimmer plans. I plan on building one in the next week or so but, I have a couple questions. My current setup:
90 gal DS tank with 1 1/2 inch overflow drain pipe, 1 inch emergency drain and 1 inch return. 29 gal sump

1. Can this skimmer be plumbed straight out on my overflow instead of using a feed pump.
2. If I can plumb from my over flow would you recommend a recirculating pump?
3. What would you say this skimmer is rated for?

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
hi @Jeff8081, thanks for joining TONMO!

This thread was from 2003... old school! :smile: Members @lawfish and @Colin haven't been around for a while, but maybe tagging them as I've done here will help :smile2:.

Members online

No members online now.