Ceph Alert! All UK TONMO users MUST buy today's Guardian - CEPH WALLCHART FREE!

CapnNemo

Vampyroteuthis
Supporter
Hello Cephfans

Just thought I'd point out that today's (30th June) issue of The Guardian Newspaper in the UK has a free giant nature wallchart of Octopus, squid and Cuttlefish. The painitngs appear to be from the early 20th cent (according to a colleague and birdfan the birds are painted more upright and slimmer than they are today, a fashion of the time apparently). It's a nice chart and will brighten up your room/office/submersible. here's a pic of today's cover. If nothing else it's nice to see the headline 'Octopus and Squid' on top of a national daily.

http://digital.guardian.co.uk/

I don't work for the Guardian by the way.

sorseress

Colossal Squid
Supporter
Waahhh! Wish we could get that in the middle of the desert! :cry:

CapnNemo

Vampyroteuthis
Supporter
I'll see what I can do. I'll do a few scans for you.

Phil

TONMO Supporter
Supporter
Thanks Capn, didn't notice this when I was in WHSmiths earlier. Luckily my corner shop still had one this afternoon, so thanks for the pointer.

Rather good, isn't it?

CapnNemo

Vampyroteuthis
Supporter
It's not at all bad. No Messie though.

CapnNemo

Vampyroteuthis
Supporter
here's a quick scan, it is a big wallchart, so this is just an A4 area of it (about 29cm x 21cm)

Attachments

sorseress

Colossal Squid
Supporter
That is a great poster! How come American newspapers never do anything as neat as that?

monty

TONMO Supporter
Staff member
Supporter
nitpicking because I'm really jealous and annoyed that my local newstand only gets the weekly "internationalized" Guardian:

they should either change the title, or not include Vampyroteuthis and Nautilus.

but really, this is just sour grapes. You lucky Brits! (And Scotsmen, assuming Colin picked one up-- do we have anyone from Ireland or Wales about?)

sorseress

Colossal Squid
Supporter
Wahoo! I just got mine, and it's really neat! Thanks, Phil. I owe you! Hmm, framed and on the wall of the guest bathroom?:bluering: :archi: :octopus2: :pohlsepia :vampyromo :vampyro: :squid: :meso: :cuttle: :nautilus: :argonaut:

Phil

TONMO Supporter
Supporter
sorseress said:
Wahoo! I just got mine, and it's really neat!
Blinking heck, that was quick. I only took them in to the post office on Monday afternoon. Glad you like it though, and pleased to see it'll confuse guests in your toilet.

sorseress

Colossal Squid
Supporter
You should also post a mirror next to it so they can see how pretty they are!:wink:

cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Supporter
HAHA! Not only did I get a super cool poster, but I was able to receive the info on People vs. the Fish (wagtail platy), and a stunning version of Cthulhu himself:

owe you a big one Phil !

Graeme

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
Yeah I picked this up pretty much by accident. Was looking for the usual "Job" papers and saw this one with the chart. Had to get it!:biggrin2:

Graeme

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gdsxgf456

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan