Central Campus: Nautiluses go to High School

gjbarord

Sepia elegans
Staff member
Moderator (Staff)
Hi Everyone,

In this thread, I'll be sharing the work of my students at Central Campus in Des Moines, Iowa. Central Campus is a regional academy (aka, career and technical school) that is FREE to all high school students in the area. We have about 1500 total students and 150 in the Marine Science Department. In addition to maintaining the Nautilus exhibit (only high school that I know of with nautiluses), the students also manage about 15,000 gallons of marine aquariums from 10-2500 gallons and about 150 different species. Basically, my students run an aquarium, conduct their own research projects, take a rigorous Marine Biology course, and get FREE college credit.

While this thread will focus on the work related to nautiluses, you can also follow along with our many other projects (science fairs, river cleanups, etc.) on our Facebook Page - Central Campus Marine Sciences Program | Facebook and on our website at Central Campus.

On to the nautiluses...

Greg
635543414010528475-des.adm1216-nautiluses-07.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back