catching octos

Keith

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
so i'm planning on purchasing the one i'm preparing for from a dealer, but theres some info i think would just be good to know for future possibilities. are there octos that are legal to catch everywhere in the US? any that are completely illegal to catch? or does this simply differ from state to state?

-Keith

Keith;120938 said:
so i'm planning on purchasing the one i'm preparing for from a dealer, but theres some info i think would just be good to know for future possibilities. are there octos that are legal to catch everywhere in the US? any that are completely illegal to catch? or does this simply differ from state to state?

-Keith

In California, you can catch bimacs (outside of marine reserves and such) for your personal keeping with a sport fishing license, but it's illegal to collect them for resale in the pet trade. No other octo is restricted except in terms of (large) catch limits and a need for a fishing license. I don't know about other states, but my impression is that they are usually not much restricted at all.

oh awesome. i can get both things down at my local fishing/hunting store. well hey i might end up with a bimac after all. i have no problem with free stuff.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back