• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

catching crabs?

fishkid6692

Wonderpus
Registered
i live about an hour away from the beach and i was wondering if i could just catch crabs for my octo to eat? there are crabs everywhere at the beach and it would be a lot cheaper.

Make sure you know what the rules and regulations are for taking crabs from the local beach; you can get in big trouble if you don't have the right permits or licenses in some places...

When I go scuba diving, we collect dungeness crabs, and rock crabs, but have to have a fishing license to do so.

However, we never say "we got crabs", instead we say "we got dungeness crabs" or "we got rock crabs."

Trust me, sounds much better. :wink:

if you live close to the beach check the bait shops . they usually sell them pretty cheap. i pay 1.00 each for good size crabs here in florida. and i get live shrimp a dozen for 4.00

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back