cartoon octopus sightings

Melissa

Larger Pacific Striped Octopus
Supporter
New York offered some land-octopus sightings last week. These cartoons were sent by a friend who is a frequent TONMO guest.

The octo with the clear siphon and five visible legs is from a sushi menu. The other is a sticker seen on a parking meter. :bonk:

Melissa

Archeopterix

Cuttlefish
Registered
It was on some squid chips that I got from the Chinatown in my city, I took that pic and threw out the wrapper, so I don't remember what they were called, or even if there was any English on them at all.

8)

Archeopterix

Cuttlefish
Registered
Well I did buy them mostly for the cutie picture, but after they were sitting on my desk for a while....

.... they weren't 1/2 bad. :oops:

:heee:

*distraction* Oh look a vampyroteuthis (sp?) smilie! :vampyro:

nanoteuthis

Supporter
Archeopterix said:
It was on some squid chips that I got from the Chinatown in my city....
Oh, cool! Melissa and I had lunch in Manhattan's Chinatown a few weeks ago, and we bought a bag of Squid Chips for Tony. (Well, actually they were Cuttlefish Chips, but they had a pic of a Squid on the front.) Anyway, the chips were stamped with all kinds of really cute seafood images, but we don't know how they tasted because -- well, we sent them to Tony. Tony, how did they taste?

Tani

joel_ang

Architeuthis
Registered
It was on some squid chips that I got from the Chinatown in my city
I see the barcode. :D

(Well, actually they were Cuttlefish Chips, but they had a pic of a Squid on the front.)
Well, over here in S E Asia, squid and cuttles are regarded as more or less the same thing. I don't know why but they don't seem to tell the difference :evil: I have to admit, squid chips ARE nice.....though I'm allergic to them. :heee:

nanoteuthis

Supporter
joel_ang said:
Well, over here in S E Asia, squid and cuttles are regarded as more or less the same thing. I don't know why but they don't seem to tell the difference :evil:
It's always surprised me that in the cultures where Cephs are most commonly present (Asian and Polynesian), they seem to make the least amount of linguistic distinction between the various species. But this happens in many cultures with many kinds of animals -- I guess that's why scientific names of species were invented :)

Me

Jean

Colossal Squid
Supporter
We sometimes sell Octopus chips (Tako Chips) at the aquarium, All I can say is

:yuck: :yuck::yuck::yuck::yuck::yuck::yuck::yuck::yuck::yuck::yuck:
:yuck::yuck::yuck::yuck::yuck::yuck::yuck::yuck::yuck::yuck::yuck:
:yuck::yuck:

Almost as bad as the pickled jellyfish our boss made us try

:yuck::yuck::yuck::yuck::yuck:

J

nanoteuthis

Supporter
Jean said:
Almost as bad as the pickled jellyfish our boss made us try
I once ordered cold shredded jellyfish as an appetizer at a Chinatown restaurant. Looked like sauerkraut. Tasted like rubber bands. Had a couple of bites. Will not be doing so in the future. Would rather eat Vegemite.

joel_ang

Architeuthis
Registered
I think both jellyfish and Vegemite taste good :wink:

Anyway, I was watchin Tom and Jerry a couple of hours ago and there was this episode where Tom was having a dream ( while drowning). Tom was chasing Jerry who had become a mermouse and an octopus grabbed him.

Well thats my dumb cartoon octopus sighting. :)

Melissa

Supporter
joel_ang said:
I think both jellyfish and Vegemite taste good :wink:
Joel, I'm with you, but not really on the vegemite, it's too salty, but goes well on celery (in small doses). I like jellies, but I don't want to eat a whole one? a whole serving? an entire order? by myself.

Do octos eat jellies? I suppose that's a question for the cephkeepers. In another thread, a sort of anemone pest was mentioned as shrimp food, which in turn became octopus food.

Melissa

Members online

No members online now.