• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Caribbean Octopus

Somewhere (I am still looking) I remember posting a growth table for a limited selection of octopuses but I am not sure if weight or length was used or if male and female were seperated. In my search, I did come across this 1987 article researching O. diguetithat may interest you. I also found a reference to some of my own researchwith Kooah's hatchlings but I am not sure it will be at all useful.

OK, I found the growth table I was thinking about on my computer and am attaching it here but, as expected, it does not note the difference between males and females of any of the species..

Attachments

• OctopusLaboratoryDataGrowthRate.doc
    215 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
We really don't have much on site to help with ailments. For outside papers, try Googling, "octopus diseases", "octopus parasites" and "octopus autophagy". The later is thought to be bacterial but has not been isolated. One recent study suggests that an interesting oddity of the octopus immune system is that it does not appear to remember a virus it has been exposed to and does not build up its own immunity.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back