• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

caribbean octo from foster&smith? likely species?

gpx1200

GPO
Registered
i was wondering if any one has bought one of the caribbean octos from f&s and what did you get?
i know it's a gamble but i'm wondering what has been the norm in the past, i called today to see if i could get pics or a description of the specific animal but they did not call back tonite, hopefuly theyll call with some info in the morning. i mainly just don't want to get somthing nocturnal or an adult about to brood.

I think we have only seen 2 Caribbeans when they have been ordered that way the others have been Indonesian. Dave got an O. mercatoris and I got a hummelincki but I believe both of ours were ordered from the Diver's Den and not from the generic pool. I don't think we have actually seen a Caribbean come from that group. As I understand it, these are actually brought in from a wholesaler and are never seen by the home office facility.

SealifeInc.net may still have an O. briareus if you are interested but you will have to check to be sure as I have not talked with them in a week.

well i finaly got a reply from la, i asked for any descriptive info they could give me like markings or color around they eyes/suckers ect anything that might indicate species this is what i got
Thank you for your interest in Dr's Foster and Smith's LiveAquaria. Our vendor
currently has some of the green, tan and white Octopus available. We apologize
that we are unable to guarantee a specific color of the specimen, should you
place an order, as the items we offer come in assorted colors. You may request
a specific color, however availability will depend on what is available when
your order is filled. Our vendor tries their best to fill request, if possible.
The only time that we can guarantee the coloration of an item we offer is if it
is listed as that specific color.
not much help so i guess ill wait for a more reliable source

:roflmao:OK, that is the funniest description I have heard given seriously (unless they were having fun with you) yet. We often see "bali", "brown","red" or "common" but "green", "white" and "tan" are new descriptions.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back