• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Captive raised S. bandensis

That Carib-Sea mineral mud, its very fine and is a way to approximate 'muck' habitats. They love to dig in it.

Thales, when you sell your cuttles are they eating frozen food? Would it be best to feed a mix of live shrimp and crabs, along with frozen food? I am looking to buy a cuttle from you sometime in the near future. My main concern is the feeding cost, but if they are already eating frozen food that would help a lot. Do you plan on having more eggs around summer?

I do plan on having more, I will prolly be selling some completely captive bred cuttles in the near future, so the price may have to change. I have been selling them before they eat frozen and after because some people want them sooner. This also means that I may run out of hatchlings before they are really eating frozen. I do think having them weaned to frozen is a good way to go, so I may 'hold some back' until I have them on frozen completely.The current batch I am giving live mysis and frozen mysis, mostly live because that is easier and cheaper for me at this time (I know, weird!).

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back