Can't afford an octopus, but I want to play with one for a bit!

This is mostly just a whinge about how I can't afford one (money or time) but would love to interact with one without the impersonality of glass tanks.

Waaaaaaaaah.

One potential opportunity is to check out volunteering (of course that would be a time commitment) at your local aquarium if they have one and if they have an opening in that area. It is a long shot but something you can check into.

Alternately, and with a potentially greater success, post where you are (in your profile you can opt to show a location) and see if any current member are near enough to do a mincon. A slight variation is to check the locations of others and setup a minicon on your way to or from a vacation that takes you in their direction :smile:.

I already volunteer. There is absolutely no chance of me getting near their octopus.

Does the Washington area have a sufficient density of TONMO readers that we could set up a small gathering?

First off, WHICH Washington? Secondly, you will probably have to find a member with a current octo to be able to play :roll:

Unfortunately the same would be true of our aquarium here (Atlanta) but each one is a little different on how it manages the animals so it never hurts to ask. Have you met the primary keeper? You might have a better chance than you think of at least getting to feed it.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back