Canary Islands or Jamaica?

My girlfriend and I are taking a vacation this next Spring and have either Jamaica or the Canary Islands in mind.

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience in the Canary Islands off the west coast of Africa? A friend of Layla's (my girlfriend) told her that he had seen cuttles and octopuses while snorkeling there. I would hate to base an entire vacation decision on that alone, but then again, yeah right... :cool2: I would just about donate my organs to have the experience of swimming with them in their own environment.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Somewhere on Tonmo there are pictures of a museum owned and run by a marine biologist who lives in the Canary Islands....How's that for being vague? Maybe someone else will remember.

I'm from Spain ( canary islands are Spain), and I prefer Jamaica, bacuse are less desertic (canary islands are completly volcanic), have better beaches, is green, more tropical and colured species of animals, plants...
Canary Islands are OK, but choose well, go to Jamaica!!!!!! (Canary islands are full of spanish:goofysca: )

Cheers
Carles

I did think the terrestrial scenery is much nicer in Jamaica. The pictures I've seen of the Canary Islands look more like the Middle East than a tropical island. And the thought of being all the way across the Atlantic Ocean next to Africa seems kinda scary, but at the same time adventurous.

I took 2 years of Spanish, it's not like it's getting put to use in Texas. Seriously though, some of the things I've read and seen of the Canaries look quite interesting. Pyramid, 16th century castle, volcanoes, snow covered peaks, desert and ocean.

Canaries are cheaper, but Jamaica would be all-inclusive.

Which has better ocean life?

sorseress;84113 said:
Canary Islands are OK, but choose well, go to Jamaica!!!!!! (Canary islands are full of spanish:goofysca: )

Cheers
Carles

Spoken like a true Catalan!:lol:[/QUOTE]

I'm a true Catalan!!!!!!!!:smile: I'm not feel Spanish.

Cheers
Carles

sorseress;84098 said:
Somewhere on Tonmo there are pictures of a museum owned and run by a marine biologist who lives in the Canary Islands....How's that for being vague? Maybe someone else will remember.

It's the Azores you're thinking of.

sorseress;84153 said:
I'm a true Catalan!!!!!!!!:smile: I'm not feel Spanish.

I kind of figured that out!

Where are you from? Barcelona? Tarragona? Maybe Girona?

Lleida. Very clever guy!!!!!!! And the names of the cities are in català!!!! Well done!!!

Azores is Portugal.

Cheers
Carles

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back