• TONMOCON VII Announced | MBL at Woods Hole | Apr 6-8, 2018
  • Thanks for visiting! TONMO is the world's greatest online cephalopod enthusiast community, with interactive content going back to May of 2000, and a biennial conference. If you'd like to join in on the fun, become a TONMO member -- it's easy and free. You can follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Canada/NZ Postdoctoral opportunity

Steve O'Shea

TONMO Supporter
Supporter
Anyone in New Zealand interested in a Postdoc in Canada? (I wish it was the other way around; someone from Canada coming to New Zealand to work on squid life histories, systematics or conservation).

I'm not sure if you can read the attachment; I might have to cut/paste the text.

Attachments

Heather Braid

O. vulgaris
Supporter
Hello Dr. Steve O’Shea!

I’m a student in Canada and right now I’m in the Marine and Freshwater Biology program. Once I have a bachelor degree, I would like to go to New Zealand to get a Master’s Degree. Would the Auckland University of Technology accept a Canadian as a student?

Thanks,
Heather

Steve O'Shea

TONMO Supporter
Supporter
Hi Heather. I'm not so sure about that; some of you Canadian folk can be pretty dastardly folk!:wink:

Not a problem!

ArchyNorth

GPO
Supporter
He's making a reference to the stereotype of us Canadians ending almost all sentences with "eh".

Heather Braid

O. vulgaris
Supporter
Hey Dr. Steve O’Shea!

I’m definitely not cowardly. The giant squid is a fascinating creature. I’m really looking forward to going to AUT. Eh?

Thank you! :grin:

--Heather

Tintenfisch

Architeuthis
Staff member
It's ok, you can be dastardly without being cowardly. The rest of us dastards look forward to meeting you, so come on down, eh? :wink:

It's a Jelly!

ArchyNorth

GPO
Supporter
Monty...

The world would be a much happier (and drunk) place if Bob and Doug were the archetypes for world leaders...

but I think we're going a little off topic...

monty

TONMO Supporter
Staff member
Supporter
ArchyNorth;87990 said:
Monty...

The world would be a much happier (and drunk) place if Bob and Doug were the archetypes for world leaders...

but I think we're going a little off topic...
Hey, I didn't pull us off topic, I just took the ball and ran with it. I almost decided the joke was too bad to post, but then I saw that picture on the PM's own web site, and it was too good to pass up...

Heather Braid

O. vulgaris
Supporter
Tintenfisch;87976 said:
It's ok, you can be dastardly without being cowardly. The rest of us dastards look forward to meeting you, so come on down, eh? :wink:

It's a Jelly!
As long as we are all dastardly, coming down to New Zealand will be a great experience, eh?

I can't wait!

--Heather

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
What a hoser! :razz:

DWhatley

Cthulhu
Staff member
Steve,
I am older than you are but have had the opportunity to spend some time with Can-eh-dians (sorry about my prior misspelling, I have only heard Can-eh-dians and not corresponded with them:grin: - that's a fact, not stereotype)

ArchyNorth

GPO
Supporter
Ok, I'll bite...

Why?

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster

Members online