Can someone Validate this species?

saltwaterdad

Hatchling
Registered
I see very little information on this species and I am trying to figure out what it actually is. What I am interested in is a Briareus but I cant tell from the limited information.

It is an octopus of which the recommended tank size is about 75g. While its mantle is not that large, it has very long arms which is why it requires a larger tank size. It usually has fairly long webbing and often likes to put on a light blue display with its tentacles and webbing. They are most often found in florida. Here is a reliable source for them. Tom sometimes catches them, they are almost always juvenile. Here you can find just about all of the information that you will need about this magnificent octopus.

Upvote 0
Tommy pointed you to the most complete journal on the briareus (raised from a very tiny baby) and most reliable source. After reading AM's log on Kalypso you can also find other journals by searching on the species name as well as scanning the journaled titles (click Forums at the very top then Journals and photos).

To find more on the web you might also try searching Caribbean Reef Octopus.

If you have specific questions, please feel free to post them here and one of us should be able to help.

Upvote 0

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back