Can I touch my octopus?

Barryg

Pygmy Octopus
Registered
CaptFish;172478 said:
Most LFS are clueless.

Not an option.
I'm just across the alley from you, may I interest you in a shiny new octopus? :)

My girlfriend wanted to go to the zooo or aquarium anyway, I can make a trip out of it.

DWhatley

Certified Ceph Head For Life
Staff member
Welcome to one of the down sides of octopus keeping. Lack of knowledge about keeping octopuses runs high and you are one of the unfortunate ones put in an unrecoverable situation. You will need to do 50% water change daily just to try to keep enough O2 in the tank since your tank is already showing it can't handle anything close to the waste.

Please don't risk putting him back in the ocean. Dave's mention of euthanasia does not come lightly. With the water parameter issues, returning him to the LFS is likely the best option.

CaptFish

Colossal Squid
Staff member
I'm just across the alley from you, may I interest you in a shiny new octopus? :)
:roflmao: Normally yes, but i just got one myself. and while I have seven tanks, I only have one that can support a Vulgaris.

Lmecher

Larger Pacific Striped Octopus
Registered
You should contact you LFS and find out if they will take it back. Or you could post it for sale, members here, as D mentioned, are always looking. But the sooner the better. It won't last long in it's current situation. It's hard to learn a lesson the hard way. Unfortunately this happens. I am sorry this happened you and the octopus but you can help it find a better home.
Do you have a skimmer? I worry it is not getting enough oxygen in your tank.

Barryg

Pygmy Octopus
Registered
how much do they cost to ship?

and yes I have a skimmer but I still had to put ph in the water today because it was pretty low

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
:lol:if he's still alive, I'll pay double!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Parsas89

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak