• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Can I feed my pet octopus frozen bait food?

ai4ns

Hatchling
Registered
Hi There! I own a blue ring octopus (named Cthulhu - attached photo) and was wondering whether you could feed it frozen bait food? I have a feeling that it has a lot of crap in it (and chances are it will stink the tank up) so I have avoided it but was just wondering has anyone tried using it? and if it is actually safe to use?

I feed my octopus only live food and he has pipi's and small hermits but just thinking just as a backup if I run out of live food?

Thanks!

Attachments

• DSC01681.jpg
    DSC01681.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 670
Thanks for your reply! I am located in Sydney Australia. Smaller frozen animals are bit hard to find - especially small ones. What would the best frozen food to buy from seafood stores considering the octopus is rather small (and i would like to feed my dward lionfish the same)

Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back