• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

can I add something else now?

Rockthis11

Wonderpus
Registered
I was just wondering if it would be ok for me to add some more livestock to my tank (maybe an invertebrate :?: :biggrin2: ). So far in my tank i have my 5 mollies and their babes (about 10 or 12 I think) and i was hoping to add something else. These are my water parameters (which so far havnt fluctuated).

S.G- 1.025
PH- 8.0
Ammonia- 0
Nitrite-

As long as thats the ammonia reading then maybe add a small starfish or something.. red or green brittle star?

How many weeks is this since the tank was started?

sounds good RT!!! I would go with our fearless expert opinion and add a brittle star...they are good for clean-up detail as well!
Glad to hear everything is working out for you with the tank...keep us posted!
Greg

haha :lol: perfect timing i was just gonna ask what species to get. Also, i just realized i dont know how to acclimate them. Is it the same as acclimating a fish?
Will i have to feed them, because i heard that they are simply scavengers?

Thanks in advanced

Yep, just treat them as you would a vertebrate...slowly and surely!! Good luck!
Greg

within a few days you'll see that the star will come out when you are feeding the mollies and try to catch flakes etc... dont add any extra as teh star is there to do a job and will get lazy otherwise LOL

Maybe add a hermit or two but be aware that the octo will prolly eat them, good to start a tank though

Thanks alot :notworth: . I acclimated my brittle star yesterday, and when i put him in my tank he IMMEDIATELY swam across to the other side of and hid from me. Every once in a while i see its arms poking out from the rocks, but he has not come out yet.
I assume he will start coming out later on when he feels more comfortable.

Also, i feed my mollies 3x a day, should i keep feeding them this much (i only give them a pinch every time though).

I would really like to have some crabs in my tank to (yes i am aware that the octo will eat them and im totally cool with that). Is it ok if i get them now?

Thanks in advanced :smile:

Rockthis11 said:
I would really like to have some crabs in my tank to (yes i am aware that the octo will eat them and im totally cool with that). Is it ok if i get them now? quote]
yeah of course!! as long as the octo's okay with it though. :lol:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back