Can anyone help with an ID

Zach S.

Cuttlefish
Registered
Featured Thread #21
I am amazed by the "feeding" camo vs the color displayed after feeding. I will try small scallops, silversides will be his main diet it seems, as my angler fish loves them as well! Pic attached for your amusement, it's great that they love the same food.

Attachments

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
Do try to feed some kind of crustacean a few times a week we believe fish do not provide all of the nutrients they need (possibly fats, based on attempts to raise cephs for food).

Zach S.

Cuttlefish
Registered
Do try to feed some kind of crustacean a few times a week we believe fish do not provide all of the nutrients they need (possibly fats, based on attempts to raise cephs for food).
Crustations besides hermits? I can see what my grocery store has in terms of crab. Shrimp will be easy though. Thanks for all the help.

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
Shrimp counts but most groceries won't have raw crab. Even the frozen is cooked so it has to be live. I get the crab claws from the live bins (be sure your fish monger knows this if you get them) at my local Asian market. Hermit crabs are good too though, just small.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keke77

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak

About the Monty Awards