can anybody please id

mejiggery

Hatchling
Registered
Hi
I`ve had this little octopus for a few months now, and seems to be doing fine, but i really don't have a clue as too which type of octopus it is. The body length is around 4cm long. Obvoiusly changes colour but when it goes really dark shades it has a white stripe down the length of its body.

Attachments

• conv_302532.jpg
    conv_302532.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 97
  • conv_302533.jpg
    conv_302533.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 104
mejiggery said:
Hi
I`ve had this little octopus for a few months now, and seems to be doing fine, but i really don't have a clue as too which type of octopus it is. The body length is around 4cm long. Obvoiusly changes colour but when it goes really dark shades it has a white stripe down the length of its body.

Like this? (female thai reef octopus)

Upvote 0
Oh, certainly not suggesting it's the same species, merely the same colouration :biggrin2:

There are a few pygmy's around that are kept by hobbyists, I guess there's bound to be someone who'll 've done a proper ID before I'd even have typed tolweb.org...

Upvote 0

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back