• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Buying Bimacs

I was looking at this website called Fishsupply.com and they have bimacs for sale. I was wondering if anyone has had any experiences with ordering from them. If so please let me know.

Hi,

Colin has also put in a good word for this company (Smaller Species, December 30):

A lot of octopus owners buy their octos online. The most reliable seems to www.fishsupply.com. Apparantly if you ask for Jack he can confidently ID a bimaculoides and they seem to have good after sales service. I havn't ordered myself but I know many who have, so check it out.

Nancy

Hi rojasredrum

I have been told by very experienced octo keepers that this is the best site for ordering bimaculoides as Jack is one of the only people in the trade who can accurately ID a bimac. Most others just class them as 'brown' octopus or some other meaningless name :smile:

Cheers
C

Re: Buying Bimacs

rojasredrum said:
I was looking at this website called Fishsupply.com and they have bimacs for sale. I was wondering if anyone has had any experiences with ordering from them. If so please let me know.

Yes I ordered a BIMAC from fishsupply. I went home on my lunch break opened the package he came in, and slowly acclimated him to the light and temp change. That evening he fed voraciously on some crawfish I purchased from my LFS THE AQUATIC CRITTER. He is very healthy and and very active, I could not be more pleased. Fishsupply will have my business and full endoresement from now on. E-MAIL me if you have any questions.

John

[email protected]

Well, most live rock sold these days is either cured or semi-cured.
If you get really 'raw' stuff, scrub off any dead bits like sponges and put it in your tank! Watch the ammonia and other parameters rise and fall and after a few weeks it should be done! Really easy!

There are lots of sites regarding live rock and its curing... just do a quick search on the 'net.

C

Thanks colin. Yea i found some really good stuff on this site called 国产乱伦AV无码-日韩免费旡码毛片-国产最新A级毛片无码专区-中文字幕日韩精品亚洲一区老 the kaelini rock is reel nice and for uncurred rock isnt that bad of a price. The curred one is about 100 dollars more but still a good price. I need about 75 pounds of rock for my tank. So i think i might try the uncurred stuff. Everything else i can get for cheap except this becuz i work for a pet store which is great.

Working in the trade does have it advantages eh? me too :wink:

Anyway, many people say that uncured rock is much better cuz you can find stuff that may have died off in dealer's tanks while being cured! Em, might stink a bit tho!
C

Hi all,

Has anyone here bought live rock from this company? Check out the photos of the fancy live rock in the link Rojasredrum gives two messages above - impressive!

So let us know how your order turns out!

Nancy

Check out this link!!!! Great picture of a Bimac!!! They have their invert page up and running and say they have Bimac's for sale!! Plus a nice writeup about them. I see they have small and medium in stock! I NEED another tank!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink:

http://www.fishsupply.com/cgi-bin/f2/common/store.cgi?dbname=f2&path=top/C/CC/CCB00

Carol :smile:

:oops: Just realized this is the site recommended here for bimacs!!!! I still need another tank!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hola!

As has been mentioned earlier, you really can't go wrong with fishsupply.com. I manage the source page for Dr. Wood's ceph page and the reason fishsupply is at the top of the list is their support for the ceph community. I had several phone conversations with the owner as well as email repartee and was left with an overwhelming sense of confidence.

Jack, the owner of fishsupply, really listened to Chris Shaw (who may or may not still read this forum) and has made an effort to not only put good hardy cephalopods in people's tanks, he's even fleshed out the writeup so uninitiated aquarists won't be scared away. He also usually HAS the animals in stock, which is not necessarily the case with the other sources on the ceph page.

I'm very happy to see the Jack's service ethic has extended to other members of the community, and his commitment to delivering healthy animals has impressed others. Rock on!

-Cheers, Jimbo

the only thing that isnt so great about fishsupply.com is that they only get bimacs a few times a year. their octos come unannounced, so you've gotta keep good contact with them if you wanna insure getting one. and the dude i talked to there said they're probably gonna stop shipping live octos. so theyre switchin to pick ups only.

-Keith

Keith;119979 said:
the only thing that isnt so great about fishsupply.com is that they only get bimacs a few times a year. their octos come unannounced, so you've gotta keep good contact with them if you wanna insure getting one. and the dude i talked to there said they're probably gonna stop shipping live octos. so theyre switchin to pick ups only.

-Keith

Heh... this post is 5 years old.... :lol:

Fishsupply was a large supplier of bimacs five years ago, but then they were sold and all new people came in. They were not native English speakers and could understand so little that I had confidence in ordering from them. Also, I later heard that they stopped shipping altogether and only sell locally.

Perhaps that's what you're referring to, Keith.

Nancy

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back