Building squid in lego

Hello everyone, cephy greetings to one and all.

I hope this is the right forum for this:

Lego have just released (in the UK anyway) details of their new Aquaraiders kits. These have a slightly questionable 'battle the sea monsters and steal the treasure' slant to them, but the kits are cool.

There is a Giant squid as part of one of the kits, however, it looks a bit spidery, has eight arms and no tentacles and teeth instead of a beak. Oh and a see through tummy with a skeleton inside. But while we're picking holes, those people have no noses and no knees! :wink:

http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Product.aspx?p=7775&cn=468&d=70

Here is a scan from the latest issue of the Lego club magazine (detail) on the other page, it says that the Gant squid has the largest eyes in the animal kingdom, with the possble exception of its cousin the Colossal Squid.

does anyone want to see my attempt at making a Lego Giant Squid (I used the Lego Factory application so I haven't actually 'built' it)? I posted it on the Supporter's forum before. But if anyone is actually interested I will post it here as well.

Attachments

• conv_302877.jpg
    conv_302877.jpg
    376.3 KB · Views: 63
When Erich was a little kid he built a great submarine complete with pipe organ and giant ceph. (I can't remember whether it was a squid or an octo.) He only had the standard legos. May have a picture of it somewhere, but have no idea where.

sorseress;85746 said:
When Erich was a little kid he built a great submarine complete with pipe organ and giant ceph. (I can't remember whether it was a squid or an octo.) He only had the standard legos. May have a picture of it somewhere, but have no idea where.

Ooooh find it find it! Evidence of Erich's lifelong ceph fanatiscm always greatly received!

Here is my squid from the lego factory

Attachments

• conv_290060.jpg
    conv_290060.jpg
    621.5 KB · Views: 75
  • conv_290058.jpg
    conv_290058.jpg
    646.8 KB · Views: 101
  • conv_290059.jpg
    conv_290059.jpg
    513.2 KB · Views: 53

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back