Buds Pictures and Journal

I read recently that most tank heaters can raise the tank temperature only 10 degrees above room temperature. Yours is a bit low even for that, so a lot must be escaping through the sump. If he's cold, he won't be as active.

A range from 27 to 37 degrees Celsius is 80.6 to 98.6 degrees Fahrenheit - I'd stay on the low end of the range, as you suggested.

Nancy

This was funny, i gave bud a rather large piece of shrimp tonight, and my cleaner shrimp decided he wanted some, bud tried to crawl off with it at first but when the shrimp came over and started eating off of the piece, bud whiped one of his tentacles smacking the cleaner shrimp back, was very funny,. they ended up sharing which is what i got pictures of, after the ordeal, they both ate on the shrimp for about a min..
wonder if the shrimp new he was eating shrimp? and once more that the octo was eating shrimp? lol

Attachments

• conv_291947.jpg
    conv_291947.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 120
  • conv_291948.jpg
    conv_291948.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 86
  • conv_291949.jpg
    conv_291949.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 108
my octo is tiny! lol
I gave bud his first fiddler crab tonight, err, really gave him two.. but he didnt show to much interest in them, the first one hit the water and went straight to the bottom, so put the second one ontop of the maxijet, "buds fav hangout spot" while bud was on the same side of the glass so i knew he would see him, the crab didnt move one time.. just sat there.. bud went over and reached WAY out to touch it with one arm and it ran like crazy into the rock, bud went to crawling left to right across the top of the glass like he was doing some kind of victory dance, i dunno.. but he didnt eat.. owell, i am not going to offer any more food tonight, i will see if there is a dead crab in the morning. i am off to bed.. "sucks working weekend shift"..

I tried to feed bud a piece of shrimp again, since he hasnt touched a fiddler crab in a day or so, i think i spooked him, he jeted down to the sand, so i took a few shots to show him in camo mode.. they arent the clearest pics but they are cool i thought,

Attachments

• conv_291979.jpg
    conv_291979.jpg
    544.7 KB · Views: 88
  • conv_291980.jpg
    conv_291980.jpg
    595.8 KB · Views: 97
  • conv_291981.jpg
    conv_291981.jpg
    569 KB · Views: 97
two first for bud today,
he made a daytime apperanace today, after a water change and i reanged a few of the rocks, he came crawling out, he also turned a black/blue color, i kinda got a picture of it but it not a dark as it was...

Attachments

• conv_291989.jpg
    conv_291989.jpg
    576 KB · Views: 97
Bud passed sometime last nite.. dont know why, checked water params, all is perfect.. he had not ate in 3 days..

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back