• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

briarus , is it a fun species to keep as bimac

marinerules

Wonderpus
Registered
????

i may get one cause i have found a source , and they are already a little larger, wh ich is a plus in my case, cause im not wanting a tiny octo.

are they as fun
as bimac

do they change color as often ect ?

Every species is different - you can observe and learn from all of them. Briareus is not kept as often as bimaculoides, partly because its usually wild caught.

Bimacs need a cooler tank, but briareus is a more tropical species.

Briareus is nocturnal but may eventually come out in the daytime. It has a beautiful irridescent tone at times. In order to watch its activities, you can install red leds or even moonlights so that you can see it at night.

Nancy

theys octopus change color sooo much its beautiful but they are not a playful as I hear from some of the threads I have a briarus and he is a cutty but I have never kept a bimac.

i just got a briarus 2 days ago and he is very active and not shy at all. he is very smart and does very crazy color changes. if u have nay more questions let me know and ill be glad to answer.
greg

his mantle is a little over an inch and his arms are about 8 inches all streched out.
i this the largest he can get is 24 inch arms but not too sure about the matle.
my talk is 78.7
i would pry bring your tank up to atleast 77 because he is a carribean reef octo.

any more questions please feel free to ask

greg

there is a clown fish in there with him and a few damsels in there. i think it might be hindering his activity a litle bit. so i am goin to have ot get some acrillic glass cuz so i can divide the tank. so i can catch the fish and get them out. i also set up a 29 gallon for a feeder tank for the octo. i already stole cycled water from my other 3 tanks i have up running in my house. kinda crazy to think about. so now i have 3 in my bedroom that makes it 240 gallons of saltwater wonder in my bedroom. and im only 19 lol. well let me know what you think everyone.
greg

3000gtman;51418 said:
there is a clown fish in there with him and a few damsels in there. i think it might be hindering his activity a litle bit. so i am goin to have ot get some acrillic glass cuz so i can divide the tank. so i can catch the fish and get them out. i also set up a 29 gallon for a feeder tank for the octo. i already stole cycled water from my other 3 tanks i have up running in my house. kinda crazy to think about. so now i have 3 in my bedroom that makes it 240 gallons of saltwater wonder in my bedroom. and im only 19 lol. well let me know what you think everyone.
greg
I'm 13 and also have lots. Yay to young people. I must correct ph and then I'm getting bri. As well. What was your source? Tom?

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back