• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Briareus hotel build

Inkman

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
Hi all
I plan on showing everyone my triple tank build of two 90gallon tanks and a 120gallon tank viewers with a 100gallon mirror image sump with my very own man made rock with a roman theming to it it's all DIY I'm going to make it all except tanks themselves and pumps, sand, and about 100 pound of seed live rock.
Wish me luck lol

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

My son decided he needed to help with his tonka truck haha

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 233
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,007.2 KB · Views: 272
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    961.8 KB · Views: 262
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 235
End of day one have the base structure almost complete minus door framing and one piece of trim not stained due to clumsy me spilling it on porch lol I wasn't so happy about it then but I'm cool now

Suppose I should give some details
The stand is 12 feet long 2 feet wide and 32 inches tall for better viewing it will have six. Doors for 100 gallon sump and storage with a Sedona red stained pine trim and shellacked pine tong and groove wood paneling.
It will also have it's own electric outlets for pumps lights excetera. Will be building hoods after tanks r on and running

When you build in your electicals be sure to use a ground fault interrupt (GFCI) plug/power strip. Even with the GFCI, consider plastic shielding for evaporative moisture. My plugs turn green, even without direct water contact.

I'm sharing this to hopefully show everyone that building your own can not only save you money but have a more sense of pride and appreciation in your tanks I will post amounts paid if requested but will leave out if not so it's not cluttered with numbers lol
A lot of parts go into a build with this each with individual prices lol

Posting main building items and a total would be helpful but recording costs along the way is not a bad idea both for your own journaling and for others considering a large DIY project.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back