• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Briareus hotel build

Oh and I have to get a video of twitch she waits at the top of tank for me to stick my hand in and she climbs out of water the whole way and feels the hair on my arm lol kinda keeps the first time she did it lol

First touches and especially any kind of solid contact initiated by the octopus probably freaks out every keeper. This should (but doesn't) make us think about the opposite. If she is climbing I suspect you need to take double precautions with the lid security. Do make the effort to keep her beak away from your skin. Bites do happen and people with certain allergies can be seriously effected. Additionally, jerking away reactions to being bitten can accidental hurt the animal. We have not seen animals that have bitten once continue to bite but I worry this could happen. I don't know if we don't see it because the keepers are then more wary of the animal or if this pattern does not hold.

20140816_131040.jpg

We are plunbed waiting on another overflow because me and the old one had a discrepancy lol but we are running 365 gallons so far im getting excited now I just gotta get rid of my wifes zebra pillows eew.

3/4 returns coming of 1 1/2 main pipe with ball valves on each return to adjust water pressure to each individual return pipe and 1 1/2 drain pipes to handle the 3200gph pump

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back