[Breaking News]: Octopuses get erections

TaningiaDanae said:
Oops -- I have just edited my above post to show the correct link. Enjoy!

:heee:

I was wondering what on Earth you were talking about. :smile:

More tasteless jokes may be forthcoming...

(apophallation :goofysca: )

:shock: Wow, I guess man and octopus aren't all that different, as for the scrubbing out other males' spermataphores, I always thought that's why the hectocotylus of the Arctic Octopus was so relatively large.

Oh, and P. S.:Can we please be a little mature here? I don't want to see a good topic get locked :frown:

Interestingly Moroteuthis ingens doesn't have a hectocotylus! But has a very large (in a mature male longer than the mantle length :shock: :shock: ) penis which is very muscular. Females have been found with spermatophores attached well inside the mantle cavity........right Kat????

J

Jean said:
Females have been found with spermatophores attached well inside the mantle cavity........right Kat????

..... not Kat here (she's gone), but in answer, yes, inside mantle cavity, through the mantle wall, here, there and everywhere .....

Just a tiny brain there Aron .... I don't think they're staying awake considering anything, other than where the next predator, prey or mate is ....

Steve O'Shea said:
... not Kat here (she's gone)

As in "She's a goner"? Have you pre-emptively struck her, based on her talk of stuffing you in the deepfreeze with the squidbits?

Just a tiny brain there Aron .... I don't think they're staying awake considering anything, other than where the next predator, prey or mate is ....

I share their pain. :cry:

Wow, that does seem to be interesting...who would've thought...
I wonder what was going through their minds as they were doing this research....

Jessie said:
Wow, that does seem to be interesting...who would've thought...
I wonder what was going through their minds as they were doing this research....

.... well, the octopus probably had food going through its mind (given the oesophagus passes straight through the brain).

... as far as the scientists are concerned ..... who knows ... but I for one wouldn't be in any hurry to shake their hand(s)!

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back