Brand spankin' new cephalopod aquarist!

Hi there everyone! I'm Ms. Octopus Lady (as my RL life friends like to call me, ha ha) and I've recently been hired at a small aquarium as an aquarist, and some of my responsibilities involve taking care of a giant Pacific octopus and some dwarf cuttlefish! I used to volunteer at another aquarium and helped take care of GPOs and dwarf cuttles there, but this is the first time the responsibility for their health and well being solely depends on me. So as exciting as it is to be able to work one on one with these animals, it's also kind of nerve wracking!

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself and I look forward to learning more about these great animals through this website. :biggrin2:

Thank you for the lovely welcomes! And yes, RR, you know me. :smile: I hope everything in San Francisco is going well!

I'll write a little something on our current octo soon, and I do have some pics of her on my camera, but I haven't had time to upload them yet. She's beautiful, though. But then again, what octopus isn't?

As for the aquarium I'm at, I'd rather not say. It's a very small one, and the institution where I'm at is (in my opinion) overly concerned about its appearance to the public. I will often be using these forums to talk about issues I'm having with my cephs (along with good things, of course!), but if they find out I'm "talking smack" about the aquarium, I can get in trouble.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back