BP Oil Rig Distaster

It sure seems that way. Not that the coastline doesn't need a lot of support and attention -- but not hearing / learning much about life in the gulf itself.

I keep looking for the Kevin Costner centrifuge to be deployed (supposed to have been early this week) but I can't find anything since the weekend intent to deploy.

Like, after the commercial break :smile:. I watched it - it focused on the whale shark. A marine biologist was guest via satellite (forget his name) - he talked about how it was a problem for them in particular because they feed by skimming the surface, where oil will collect. Re: the water column, it was also discussed that if the oil were to penetrate their filmy skin surface, they could end up with lesions, etc. It was about a 5 minute segment or so.

In addition to the effects in the gulf, scientists predict some extension of the effects in atlantic Ocean through the gulf stream. This could have effect on europe too. Of course until know even the "local effects" are scaring enough ... From my point of view only tchernobyl disaster and maybe bhopal disaster had such impact.

It's worse that all oil tank disaster i heard before.

Consequences will last for a long time, on nature, peoples, economy ...

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back