• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

bought me a 75 two days ago , going to be getting it set up soon

marinerules

Wonderpus
Registered
I have had bimacs in the past, its been awhile since ive visted the forums or posted

I am wanting a briareus octopus

I still have to build my stand, I thought about purchasing one, but decided I could save some money just building one myself.

I currently got in some artificial natures image corals, they are so DETAILED< i got in the large 14 inch tall pillar coral,

very pretty

I believe one of my videos of dr octavious is stilla round here somewhere

I hope when the time is right in the future that im even able to get an octopus

I am wanting the species briareus , but it seems like they are getting harder and harder to come by

Welcome back!

You were right to get a 75 gallon tank rather than a smaller one.

It's not so easy to get any octopus species right now, but not impossible, either. You might look under Journals and Photos for accounts of keeping briareus.

Nancy

hey

hey nancy , good to hear from ya , I hope ya remember me lol

im goiing to set this tank up right lol

take my time.

most people dont like artificial corla , but this last piece looks amazing, when i get my camera back ill take some pictures of it .

ill look more into the care of a briareus like you suggested

ive been looking at kalypso's videos, they are amazing, good video of the octopus really stretching aroundn and walking

well hopefull

well hopefully it will stay that way cause it will be awhile before I am actually able to purchase one as i dont even have water in my tank yet

I really wish I had my camera, I really like this Natures Image Large Artificial coral I got, its realistic , and I usually dont like fake corals

Try to remember to say how it does after six months. Before commiting to saltwater, I spent a ton of money over a period of year trying to make my FW aquarium LOOK like SW. The last artificial corals I had in the tank looked terrific ... initially. Carol has some in her tank though that are years old and look good in photos so maybe these will do better than the one I tried. It would be nice for an octo tank or as hard corals for a softy reef if these work out.

oh no ive had saltwater aquariums before, I have a 240 at my parents house that has a naso tang, yellow tang, cleaner shrimp, niger trigger, snowflake eel

ive had octopus before to ,

or is that not waht you meant lol

Im wanting to do mainly just live rock for my octo tank , a few fake croals, maybe a few real softied, and some caulerap , maybe the feather kind , I really like the looks of it in the video of the octopus named kalypso

No, what I meant was let us know how the fake corals look after 6 months. My really real looking, expensive huge piece of staghorn (placed at the bottom of a 4 foot tank) looked like what a piece of bleached staghorn looks like in after 6-8 months, brown, dirty and impossible to clean. I finally gave up on trying to create a saltwater aquarium look with fresh water and converted the tank to salt ... then bought another ... and another ... I still have one fw tank for one remaining silver dollar. Poor old Ike will probably out live me.

AM has warned anyone (including me) noticing how nice that macro algae look not to put it in a main display, it trys to take over everything.

i woulndt mind it growing everywhere, but if there is a problem with it going sexual , I wou.lndt want that, because doesnt that make the tank dirty and cloudy ?

ive had some smaller corals from natures image, in the 240 for about 2 months, so far no algae build up,

but I could see someone having problems if they had lots of agae to grow , for me, I have never had heavy amounts of coralline algae, I wish I did , its so prety on rocks

If you really want coraline algae, buy one rock that is heavily covered and leave it in your tank for 6 months. My problem is keeping it off the acrylic. I throw in pin cushion urchin between octos just to see the rock for the purple algae. Look at the 6 month difference between post 6 and 8 here.

how often do you do water changes ???

I think I dotn have coraline well becaus I dont do water changes often enough on my 240 at my parents hosue

I change out 25 gallons about every 4 weeks lol

maybe I should add supplement chemicals, such as iodide

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back