• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Bored octopus.. is it bad?

ya i did read over the raising octo from eggs forums, i think its an atlantic red from what i can figure. tank temp fulctuates between 74 and 76 daily. shes still eatign a little and theres been no change in the eggs.

edit* its been about 8 or 9 weeks at this point since i noticed the chnage in her behavoiur but, again i dont know exactly when they were laid.

ps: this is so depressing; watchign her just sit in her cave and not coem out :-(

so i checked today and most fo the eggs were gone. um.. now what? i check every day and suddenly poof gone... im scared they hatched and now ill never find them.

nuro;133386 said:
so i checked today and most fo the eggs were gone. um.. now what? i check every day and suddenly poof gone... im scared they hatched and now ill never find them.

Just stock the tank heavily with live foods like mysis and amphipods and hope for the best at this point. You might eventually be able to spot some babies and round them up into plastic cups you can float in the tank or something similar.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back