Bonita - O.Mexico(?)

well the at about seven the little one came out and is being quite social on the glass. we watched each other and followed each other around the tank for about twenty minutes. then she just went ans sat in the corner about mid water level, and she is just watch me. the lights went out at eight so for about twenty minutes it has been dark and she is still just watching me from the corner.

I need a feminine sounding Mexican food for a name...any ideas? Taco is too masculine...I got it BONITA!!! its a fish and it means small and pretty!

Attachments

• conv_299743.jpg
    conv_299743.jpg
    286.2 KB · Views: 138
Bonni finally accepted shrimp on a stick. I had tried two or three times but she never showed any interest then this morning I teased her with another peice and without hesitation she grabbed and ate it.

I have a fake Mediterranean octopus pot under a pile of liverock and she has chosen this for her den. Funny thing about her is i always see he upside-down hanging. she loves to be inverted. I took a snapshot of her hanging out,m taking an afternoon nap.

Attachments

• conv_299752.jpg
    conv_299752.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 104
One (and only one) of my briareus perferred to attach to the top wall of the LR (Kooah I think). Her arms were more muscular than my others so it made me think this was something she did in the wild as well.

Turned my head a little bit, was the photo originally upside down or did it turn out like that? Beautiful creature btw (thus the name Bonita is fitting......crap spanish 1 memories are coming back again)...

Boni looks a lot like a super tiny Pen. I was watching one of the old pen videos and a lot of the patterns they show are exactly the same.

She was out today near the surphace so i took the opp to feed her a piece of shrimp. she took it like a champ as soon as she saw it hit the water she trotted right up to it and snatch it off the stick with out skipping a beat, then she jumped over to the LR and ate it in the open. This octo does not act like a Juvenal but she is sooo tiny and defiantly not nocturnal...just makes me even more curious about what it is.

One of my favorite videos of Pen.

I keep seeing a mark where the eye spot should be :roll: and everything else screams hummelincki to me. Size does not matter because they are the most variable in size that I have kept. The peach speckled underside, the coloration, the eyes, the shape and length of arms and the sucker tips are all common with hummelincki so I am staying with my guess even without a clear eye spot.

I keep seeing a mark where the eye spot should be and everything else screams hummelincki to me. Size does not matter because they are the most variable in size that I have kept. The peach speckled underside, the coloration, the eyes, the shape and length of arms and the sucker tips are all common with hummelincki so I am staying with my guess even without a clear eye spot.

LOL I still say no way. I sure its not. I have had them before and this is a completely diffrent octo. I'm not sure what you are seeing but I'm 100% there is no eye spot. at least not where a hummilinkis are. this octo has them behind the eye on the mantle. Also it does not show any of the colors I commonly saw in my other humilinikis. and finally the arms are too long. hummilinkis have short arms, this one does not.

:oops: I was watching the video of Penn and thinking that was the new one. The eyes in the video look too separated from the mantle to be O.hummelincki in Boni (except in the just hanging around picture).

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back