• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Bobtail squid: Euprymna berryi

Octodude

Blue Ring
Registered
Hi all. I am in the process of setting up a tank for someone who really wants a ceph. I will handle all the care so no worries there. But I was wondering:

Has anyone here had any experience with bobtail squid? Specifically Euprymna berryi. They have shown an interest in these, so I thought I would ask. I have raised several species of cuttle so I'm not too worried about their well-being other than transport, which I wont be able to take part in this time around. Any suggestions at all would be helpful, afterall this isnt a cerainty, but still in the works. Thanks.

there's a thread about "the bobs" where someone in Hawaii has been keeping Euprymna scolopes that has links to some other papers and experiences about Euprymna species. Not too many people have kept them as pets, but they're a fairly common research animal. They apparently tend to be pretty shy and nocturnal, though.

Thank you, I'll look there. I already know I can get them, which is good. I just need info on care, lifespan, etc. I was going to make a tank similar to what I would put a cuttlefish in, but figured I'd get the specifics first.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back