BLUERINGERS

Discussion in 'Tank Talk' started by Arrogantsob81, Dec 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arrogantsob81

Arrogantsob81 Pygmy Octopus Registered

Well hello every1

Was wondering if there is anyone else out there keeping a bluering other then me right now? if so, love to hear about yer set up as well as other 411..

thanks
    Sky 8-)

2. Colin

Colin Colossal Squid Supporter

hi there, why not give us some more details about your tank... what filter, size, skimmer etc etc, also, what species of blue ring, where from, how old etc?

also, what is 411????

cheers and welcome to TONMO

3. OCTO OAKLEY

OCTO OAKLEY O. bimaculoides Registered

Ill give ya tha 411, k first you are bound to die but thats only if ya do something stupid and end up making it mad but you probablly already know that so now to the lifespan its only about 5 or 6 months and thats if ya got your water and all that near perfect! other than that not much more i can tell ya but like colin said post up your tank info and i will be able to give ya som more info! :)

4. monty

monty Colossal Squid Staff Member Supporter

The U.S. phone companies use 411 for information (directory service), so it's become slang for information in general. (and 911 is emergency, even more so after 9/11)

5. Nancy

Nancy Titanites Staff Member Moderator

Hi,

Have a look at the thread called List of Our Octopuses at the top of the Journals and Photos forum. Scroll down through the list of bimacs and you'll come to Other Species. There are a couple of people keeping bluerings.

Nancy

6. cthulhu77

cthulhu77 Titanites Supporter

Can someone please mail Nancy the award for the "most patient person in 2005" ?

7. Cephkid

Cephkid Sepia elegans Supporter

:thumbsup:

8. tonmo

tonmo Titanites Staff Member Webmaster Moderator

10-4 :smile:

9. cthulhu77

"What's your vector, Victor? Roger, Roger. What?"...or: "There's a fighter coming in at 11 o'clock ! We have to wait that long?"

10. corw314

corw314 Colossal Squid Staff Member Moderator

:lol:

11. Arrogantsob81

LMAO..... well no **** "octo oakley" cuz petting my bluering is on my to do list lol..so your telling me i have two more months and my bluering is going to die? cuz that would make it a ""5 month period" lol..... as well as i see nobody truly answered my question. 8-)

12. chrono_war01

chrono_war01 Colossal Squid Supporter

If memory serves me right, nobody on TONMO.com currently has a blue-ring. This is becuase keeping blue-rings are potentially dangerous and although they a pretty, most that are sold usually are cuaght in the wild - something TONMO.com does not endorse.

13. cthulhu77

Now, what award do I get for reading this?

14. Castor

Castor Vampyroteuthis Supporter

I'll glady nominate, present, and read a pre-written speech for you if you would translate it for me! :bugout:

15. DocFrye

DocFrye O. vulgaris Registered

In another thread, arrogant s.o.b. actually appeared suprised by the lethal poison of bluerings.

Arrogant, what research did you actually do before purchasing this animal?

Once again, what type of system do you keep it in?

Who sold you a bluering without mentioning that it could kill you?

And...lol...yes...lol...it will probably die in a couple of months...lol

16. monty

I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic, but I suppose it's better safe than sorry, in terms of making sure he knows the danger level. I talked to an LFS guy back in 1986 who was pretty pushy about "if you're thinking about an octo, you should get a blue ring because they're much more colorful"-- I'm not sure he even would have mentioned the "and can kill you" if I hadn't already known...

17. Arrogantsob81

DING! DING! THERES THE ANSWER I WAS LOOKING FOR ....thanks for answering my question chrono.. =) see guys that wasnt that hard. =) very touchy subject i see though.... thanks again

18. monty

er, actually, no disrespect to Chrono, but Nancy answered it more accurately, if indirectly-- there are two people on the "list of octopuses" that have blue rings, but they have not been very active posters recently. I believe there are a number of folks who have kept them in the past, as well.

If you use the "member list" page to look up their names, you can "show all posts" to get the details about their bluerings...

19. Colin

Colin Colossal Squid Supporter

Arrogantsob81,

Its not truly a touchy subject, it's a subject that is close to the hearts of the TONMO community and really, people would help you out as best they could.

I will suggest that your login name doesn't really start you off on the right foot. It suggests that you are looking to pick a fight and rile a few people up. It's not going to happen in this case as I am regrettably closing this thread as we have all seen where this goes many time over.

I will also politely suggest that having a blue ring is a big deal and will always attract a lot of attention. People are genuinely interested in these species. Please be prepared to expect a lot of questions directed at you about your blue ring octopus.

thanks
    Colin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.