Blinky the Bimac!

Ok, now she is in a little cave, with 3 openings. One big opening, and 2 tunnels that lead to the main area. PERFECT for an octo. Trash chutes, and a big entrance! Well, I dropped a hermit down a chute (and it rolled perfectly down in) and she grabbed it and ate it. I think this will be the beginnig of the bonding process, because she watched me drop it in, probably wondering what the heck I was doing with her meal, lol. I'm just happy that she's finally eating!

DHyslop,

Blinky didn't eat for nearly a week, so your's may be fine after all.

Haha, I tried to feed her another raw shrimp tonight, and she started nibbling on it, but then she shoved it out of her den. It still had some bouyancy, and she didn't have a good grip on her rock, so she started floating around the tank with it, HAHA! It looked like an octo on a hot air balloon!!!

my vulgaris will only eat frozen shrimp. hes gotten to the point that hes too lazy to chase crabs around but when i open the freezer on the other side of the kitchen he goes nuts

joefish84;84728 said:
my vulgaris will only eat frozen shrimp. hes gotten to the point that hes too lazy to chase crabs around but when i open the freezer on the other side of the kitchen he goes nuts

That's a well trained octopus!

I've only gotten Einy to eat 2 pieces of krill and I *think* he munched on a shrimp tail I put in his shell.. such a large portion, hard to tell if any meat was gone. He always reaches out to grab ahold of whatever I'm placing in front of his shell, but he usually blows it away if he decides it's of no use to him.

The fish and Seahorses come to the front/top of the tank when they see the baster in my hand.

Brock,

My turn to fret. How many days before Blinky was obviously eating? I can't even find Trapper and I see no signs of his dining (lots of little blue legs and hermits in the tank but only three real dinner crabs). I keep checking my ammonia (and holding my breath) but I assume he is still OK since I continue to have a zero reading and have found nothing that suggest escape (like a dead octo under the couch).

Brock,

Just after I wrote, I found Trapper. He probably moved because I kept checking on him with my red flashlight ;>(.

He still has not eaten but at least I know he is mobile.

The blue legs I mentioned were the crabs, not their parts ;>). There is a virtual banquet in the tank but I am hoping he goes for the larger crabs and the blue legs can exist as clean-up (I also have a couple of serpent stars for help keeping the tank clean). I had asked what kind of bait was used in the crab traps in hopes of putting the same in the tank but I never got an answer.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back