Bizarre Dosidicus Photo

Clem

Architeuthis
Registered
Reaction score
cuttlegirl said:
What bothers me about this picture is the large brown object behind the squid...
Hello Cuttlegirl,

Ah, I see it. In one pic it appears prostrate between a standing man's legs, in two others it looks more vertical? Looks like Rintintinoteuthis to me.:wink:

Alright, I'm ignorant. What exactly is a "five star?"

Cheers,
Clem

Feelers

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, its a full handed "slap" on an exposed part of skin, usually on the back. I suppose its not too disimmilar to the cliche wet towel in the locker room prank.

Here's a good picture of one where the outline is quite a bit more visible, like the squid one.......................
http://www.rpi.edu/~curlep/slap.jpg

WhiteKiboko

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Reaction score
Feelers said:
Oh, its a full handed "slap" on an exposed part of skin, usually on the back. I suppose its not too disimmilar to the cliche wet towel in the locker room prank.
An extremely well broken-in weight belt could be considered a similar prank.... not that i would know about such juvenile things....

FYI: grab the belt by the metal and let it almost completely unfold before snapping back - I'm mean such silliness, what is wrong with these kids?

personally, i think feeler's pic might be something akin to the pink belly genus of tortures, thereby making it gastopod and not worth our time! :)

If anyone is wondering: Yes, I have an older brother.

OB

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe this is actually the world famous Turin Squid? A forgery by Leonardo Da Vinci, I'm sure :biggrin2:

cuttlegirl said:
What bothers me about this picture is the large brown object behind the squid... It appears in some of the other photos too. I really hope it is not what I think it might be... a sea lion body. I have worked with quite a few sea lions in my time and it looks awfully familiar. Maybe it is a large brown squid??? A large brown fish, their dog?
I'm not sure what you refer to, there's a bit of table visible behind the squid and a fisherman's apron behind that, I fail to see the sea lion :confused:

EDIT: I think I get what you're referring to. In one of the pictures it looks like a squid is dangling out of it (see attached), giving rise to the speculation it might in fact be a sealion coloured bag...

um...

Architeuthis
Registered
Reaction score
WhiteKiboko said:
personally, i think feeler's pic might be something akin to the pink belly genus of tortures, thereby making it gastopod and not worth our time! :)
:lol:

Kirlian photography using dead squid?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sumit

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri