• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Bimacs available

I rec'd an email today from Oceanpro Aquatics stating they have 3 bimacs available to purchase. Unfortunately I no longer have a tank set up for an octo, but though someone on here may be interseted. I also responded to them stating they may wish to look at Tonmo and make a posting as well.

Here is the jist of their email:
Hello Adam, I had someone who asked me to import and hold three brown bimacs and lost their contact info. If you are interested or don't mind letting someone on your favorite fish board know, I would appreciate it. being primarily a importer and not pet center setup to hold these guys, I need to let them go to whom ever would like to buy them first.

What I have are Two bimacs with a nice size of about a 1-2" head with about a 6" arm span and one with a 1/2-1" head and about a 2" arm span. Let me know if you or anyone you might know are interested or just forward this to whomever you may feel would be excited to find some nice octos.

Here is a link to the site that was in my email: http://www.oceanproaquatics.com/shop/octopus-california-spot-bimaculatus-p-6051.html

I'm not affiliated with this company, but just thought to pass it on as I know octos can be very hard to come by...

OceanPro again? They have a poor reputation. Buyer beware.

I am wondering where they are importing bimacs from, and would certainly want a better id than their word. :biggrin2:

Oh - how much are they?

I think the octos are listed for $99. I have no knowledge of this dealer and have never dealt with them. I emailed them a while back asking about bimac availability (I couldn't find a bimac since the demise of Octopets)... they must have kept my email address since then.

If they are not reliable, then my apologies for posting.

Thales... I shipped you and Dr. Roy a little "zebra" octo a while back. I'm sure the little guy has moved on at this point, but hopefully the octo added to your research.

I got the same email... On the plus side I checked out his site and he has updated the info and pictures. On the site he says where he has them "farm raised". Though after getting a California Lilliput I am sure just how "farm" raised they aren't.

The email is as follows....

"I had someone who asked me to import and hold three brown bimacs and lost their contact info. If you are interested or don't mind letting someone on your favorite fish board know, I would appreciate it. being primarily a importer and not pet center setup to hold these guys, I need to let them go to whom ever would like to buy them first.

What I have are Two bimacs with a nice size of about a 1-2" head with about a 6" arm span and one with a 1/2-1" head and about a 2" arm span. Let me know if you or anyone you might know are interested or just forward this to whomever you may feel would be excited to find some nice octos."

They sell for 99$ a piece plus shipping. I would bet money that small one is a like Sedona or the other dwarf native to Cali. The size of the others he listed might be bimacs but if I got a Lilliput, who knows what the others would be.

Octopussy007;169642 said:
I think the octos are listed for $99. I have no knowledge of this dealer and have never dealt with them. I emailed them a while back asking about bimac availability (I couldn't find a bimac since the demise of Octopets)... they must have kept my email address since then.

If they are not reliable, then my apologies for posting.

Thales... I shipped you and Dr. Roy a little "zebra" octo a while back. I'm sure the little guy has moved on at this point, but hopefully the octo added to your research.

Thanks and yes it did! :biggrin2:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back