• TONMOCON VII Announced | MBL at Woods Hole | Apr 6-8, 2018
  • Thanks for visiting! TONMO is the world's greatest online cephalopod enthusiast community, with interactive content going back to May of 2000, and a biennial conference. If you'd like to join in on the fun, become a TONMO member -- it's easy and free. You can follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Bimac??

daddysquoc

Wonderpus
Registered
My bimac Davy Jones was VERY strong for his size. from my experience, just about all octos seem to investigate around the surface at least once in a while. you might want to put heavy objects on top of the lid, but then it may look "unkempt."
i once saw a documentary (Ultimate Guide: Octopus) a couple years ago that said an octopus can lift up to 40 times its weight. it's probably a bit of an exaggeration, but it's something to keep in mind when trying to keep the little suckers in (pun intended).

May cephalopods be bestowed eternal glory!!

monty

TONMO Supporter
Staff member
Supporter
There's a picture I've seen (in Wells, maybe) of a vulgaris who died because it pushed its tank lid up enough to make a crack it almost fit through, but it got stuck at the beak. I don't think this is common (I've never heard of it here) but it does suggest that schemes that only allow a little crack to open can still be a problem.

Members online

No members online now.