• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Bimac tank temps?

LiquidFunk

Blue Ring
Registered
Ive been struggling to keep my tank temp down, Im on octopets waiting list for a bimac, and Ive been coming home to 83-85 degree water.

What is best, safe, and deadly as far as temperature is concerned?

Does anyone have ideas on chilling?

I currently have a fan in the canopy, and a 6" clip on blowing on the sump. I think the dolphin pump is just too much heat for a apx 60-70g system....

thanks

I would suspect your pump, but then the temperature you keep your house matters, too.

I was able to lower the tank temperature in the summer to about 74 degrees by keeping the house at a lower temperature (70, I think), especially at night so the tank had time to get cool. Also, putting a 5 inch fan blowing on the sump helped.

Another source of heat might be your lights - an octo can get by with a fluorescent, does not need high temperature lights.

The tank temperature you have now is too hot for a bimac to live in - it's not really a tropical octopus.

Nancy

If your water is that hot, you definitely have a pump or something that is running waaaaay to high...try a Rio or other brand of magnetic drive.

greg

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back