• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Bimac safe fish?

Jean said:
I wouldn't recommend keeping seahorses with an octopus. Seahorses are darn pernickety and don't do well if they are harrassed or in the presence of large amounts of waste (which octis produce!).

Plus, if we're talking captive-bred seahorses, it's not an inexpensive experiment if it doesn't work out!

Dan

Yep, we had this discussion a year or so ago...can't remember who had tried it...was it Joel ????

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmn... Wrasses.. Do you think a small species of a cleaner wrasse might work out?

I dont think I'm going to try with any damsels, I think I could work up the courage and except the fact they might become dinner, but I'm not willing to let them attack my octo.

But I still havnt given up hope ! :nyah: I dont think a whale would fit in my tank however.

Not sure about cleaners....to be honest we put in Spotted Wrasses because the octopus is big enough not to be pestered by them and the wrasses are pugnacious enough not to be harrassed by the octopus....but it's quite a balancing act!

J

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back