Bimac or a Caribbean 2 spot

Itz Irish

Hatchling
Registered
i believe i am either going to get one of these two types, i am looking for an octo with great personality and is very interactive. and relatively diurnal. any other suggestions besides these 2? thankss (i have a 40 gallon long aquarium)

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
I hope you've checked with your local fish store or whoever is going to order this octopus for you. Octopuses don't seem to be commonly carried in the UK

Nancy

simple

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
i think hes irish but he lives on the U.S.
you will probabaly have much better luck finding a bimac, than a "caribbean two-spot" which im guessing is o. hummelincki (sp?)

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
Sorry, I missed that post where you said you were in Ohio. We get a lot of interational posts here, so that's why I thought you were in Ireland.

Nancy

Animal Mother

Architeuthis
Supporter
simple;106120 said:
i think hes irish but he lives on the U.S.
you will probabaly have much better luck finding a bimac, than a "caribbean two-spot" which im guessing is o. hummelincki (sp?)
Yes, "Caribbean two-spot" is the filosus/hummelincki common name.

The deciding factor between those two would be tank temperature. If you can keep it cold, go for a Bimac. They seem to be much more common in the trade. Saltwaterfish.com is the only place I know of that sells the hummelincki's regularly. However most of the octos that came from swf.com recently, died within days or a couple of weeks after arrival.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lmmorell

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak