• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Bimac or a Caribbean 2 spot

Itz Irish

Hatchling
Registered
i believe i am either going to get one of these two types, i am looking for an octo with great personality and is very interactive. and relatively diurnal. any other suggestions besides these 2? thankss (i have a 40 gallon long aquarium)

I hope you've checked with your local fish store or whoever is going to order this octopus for you. Octopuses don't seem to be commonly carried in the UK

Nancy

i think hes irish but he lives on the U.S.
you will probabaly have much better luck finding a bimac, than a "caribbean two-spot" which im guessing is o. hummelincki (sp?)

Sorry, I missed that post where you said you were in Ohio. We get a lot of interational posts here, so that's why I thought you were in Ireland.

Nancy

simple;106120 said:
i think hes irish but he lives on the U.S.
you will probabaly have much better luck finding a bimac, than a "caribbean two-spot" which im guessing is o. hummelincki (sp?)

Yes, "Caribbean two-spot" is the filosus/hummelincki common name.

The deciding factor between those two would be tank temperature. If you can keep it cold, go for a Bimac. They seem to be much more common in the trade. Saltwaterfish.com is the only place I know of that sells the hummelincki's regularly. However most of the octos that came from swf.com recently, died within days or a couple of weeks after arrival.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back