Bimac Okay in 65Gallon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cephman

Blue Ring
Registered
Hi Everyone,

I love octopi. So I was thinking of getting one. After extensive research I have found that I am going to get a bimac. My question is: Is it okay to put one in a 65g Red Sea Max 250 with state of the art internal systems?:old:

Neogonodactylus

Haliphron Atlanticus
Staff member
It can be done as long as water quality is good and the system is really stable. Also, what temperature do you plan to run. I find that survival is much better and longevity extended if you can run at lower temperatures. I have one bimac that I think is closing in on a record for longevity. I have had it for over two and a half years and he is still eating and healthy. I feed sparingly (one live grass shrimp every two or three days) and keep the animal at 15C.

Roy

Cephman

Blue Ring
Registered
Neogonodactylus;130586 said:
It can be done as long as water quality is good and the system is really stable. Also, what temperature do you plan to run. I find that survival is much better and longevity extended if you can run at lower temperatures. I have one bimac that I think is closing in on a record for longevity. I have had it for over two and a half years and he is still eating and healthy. I feed sparingly (one live grass shrimp every two or three days) and keep the animal at 15C.

Roy
WOW! Thats the longest I've heard. I was thinking like around 70 degrees ferenhiet.

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
EDIT: Thread re-opened and member re-instated due to securing proof of permission from parent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mcorbell

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan