Bigby-Cannon Limestone

This one doesn't show a lot of detail, but it's fairly slender for it's length and the septa are closely spaced, possible Ellesmerocerad? Bit of an eye strainer but I like it anyway.:smile:

Attachments

• conv_298245.jpg
    conv_298245.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 163
  • conv_298246.jpg
    conv_298246.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 120
Yes four times, excellent! I'd really like to know how you got the tree off the roof to saw it.:heee:

On the second pic. of the ?Elles. at the bottom there's a blackish, circular blob kind of centered, could that possibly be some sign of the siphuncle or just some goo. I'm so scientific, some day I will learn proper terminology and actually discuss a fossil properly! :roll:

Terri;177045 said:
Endoceras??...I really feel like I should know this, but I'm not sure :roll:.
All I can see is a widening near where the siphuncle should be... could be an Endocerid or an Actinocerid, Endocerid would have endocones and Actinocerid would have bulbs.

Terri;176709 said:
I'd really like to know how you got the tree off the roof to saw it.:heee:
The tree was near the power line, so the city sawed it, but they left the stump for me :roll:

Terri;176709 said:
On the second pic. of the ?Elles. at the bottom there's a blackish, circular blob kind of centered, could that possibly be some sign of the siphuncle or just some goo. I'm so scientific, some day I will learn proper terminology and actually discuss a fossil properly! :roll:
just goo :sly:

could be an Endocerid or an Actinocerid

Well, at least I got close, comparing it to the other Actinocerid I've found I think it's probably an Endocerid. But we should assume question marks with all of my id'ing. :heee:

This next fossil which I'm pretty sure is a cephalopod (I found it along with the sponge I can't seem to locate, and haven't found this one yet either) picture not great and my shadow got in the way. Bottom center of the fossil there is a round disk that looks like shell material, I'm not sure what it is, interesting though...

Attachments

• conv_298295.jpg
    conv_298295.jpg
    754.3 KB · Views: 127
It reminds me a little of the possible Allotrioceras (not the disc thing, but the body of the fossil) that you id'd from post #10 in this thread. :hmm:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back