• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Best 55 gallon tank for a dwarf octopus?

AlanR917

Blue Ring
Registered
Hello everyone. I was doing some research and have found some 55 gallon tanks at petsmart, and was thinking about this one: http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3804445

I was told that it would work for marine environments, and I have been told that it wont work. Will it work? If not, where can I get a good quality 55 gallon tank? If the one I listed wont work, please include brands, models, and places where I can buy the tank. Thank you!

It will work fine for a marine environment, however for a octopus or cuttlefish i thinnk you are going to want more/better filtration, such as a sump with a wet/dry filter.

Hi, sorry for the late reply, I completely forgot about this post :P

Anyway, would you mind taking a look at my setup sketch, and tell me how I can improve it? Do you know of any good tutorials about setting up a wet / dry filter? Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back