• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Berlin Filter Setups

Kharn

O. vulgaris
Registered
hey all,

I was browsing over the net looking for a good design for my sump and Reefugium, I came across this site www.lifereef.com which sells some pre-made full setups for Reef Aquariums. While browsing over the site I noticed some very interesting setups specifically called LF1-200S(with in-sump skimmer) & LF1-300S(with in-sump skimmer).

Berlin Filters, Berlin Sumps, LF1 Series, Sumps, Aquarium Filters, Berlin Systems, Protein Skimmers (for the sites filter range, scroll down for the 2 filters mention above)

http://www.lifereef.com/lg_LF1-300S.jpg (for the picture)

Both of the systems there are totally pre-setup, I would also be looking at a Reefugium to go along side it.

First off do you believe that either of those systems is of a high enough quality for a 200G Ceph Tank (personally im leaning more to the LF1-300S), I've been reading that they need 3 times the water quality, so a filtration system that can handle 600Gallons would be better??

Secondly is there anything you can see within the system setup that is not there?? Like things that are specifically related to a Ceph's filtration? or is it literally all there... ? I'm still not 110% sure on what some things look like as some people make them look different. I cannot see any compartments for where the "Bio balls" are ment to be, if anyone could PLEASE inform me as to what else is needed for the system to be "worthy" of supporting a Ceph's life?

Thirdly if anyone could recommend me to any more sites with Filter System setups? Or perhaps Filter Setups specifically for Cephs that would be greatly appreciated

i think that main chamber with the 2 nozzles sticking out of the front is the in-sump filter. i dont see anything on this site quite powerful enough for a 200 gallon tank if youre keepin a ceph. however, and you should probably get some more opinions on this, you COULD

my bad, that cut off short. you could get another filter and run a line into the tank with that. also that way you could have mechanical filtration in addition to biological.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back