Believe she's an O. Bocki

sedna

Larger Pacific Striped Octopus
Supporter
Registered
O. boki is a dwarf octo with arms to 8 cm. It's hard to tell from your photos, but she looks a bit big for that. She looks like a macro pus with those long arms. Also, do you see a pair of large dark spots on the underside of the mantle? Now that you know what to look for, she's never going to show you that part of her body...

DWhatley

Cthulhu
Staff member
@Erica, I vote with @sedna on the Id. We have recently decided that this common red nocturnal is Callistoctopus aspilosomatis a nice tank sized nocturnal usually from the Philippines. You can use the search function for O. macropus or the species name for more journals on this little guy. I have kept a couple and found them very interactive (albeit at 3:00 AM) and very hardy.

DWhatley

Cthulhu
Staff member
With your permission, I would like to rename your thread to Nymphadora - Callistoctopus aspilosomatis and move it to the journals section with hopes that you will keep a record of your adventures with her.

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
Hi @Erica, how's Nymphadora doing? I agree with @DWhatley, let's get a journal going with this one!
:octopus:

Members online

No members online now.