• TONMOCON VII Announced | MBL at Woods Hole | Apr 6-8, 2018
  • Thanks for visiting! TONMO is the world's greatest online cephalopod enthusiast community, with interactive content going back to May of 2000, and a biennial conference. If you'd like to join in on the fun, become a TONMO member -- it's easy and free. You can follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Believe she's an O. Bocki

sedna

Larger Pacific Striped Octopus
Staff member
O. boki is a dwarf octo with arms to 8 cm. It's hard to tell from your photos, but she looks a bit big for that. She looks like a macro pus with those long arms. Also, do you see a pair of large dark spots on the underside of the mantle? Now that you know what to look for, she's never going to show you that part of her body...

DWhatley

Cthulhu
Staff member
@Erica, I vote with @sedna on the Id. We have recently decided that this common red nocturnal is Callistoctopus aspilosomatis a nice tank sized nocturnal usually from the Philippines. You can use the search function for O. macropus or the species name for more journals on this little guy. I have kept a couple and found them very interactive (albeit at 3:00 AM) and very hardy.

DWhatley

Cthulhu
Staff member
With your permission, I would like to rename your thread to Nymphadora - Callistoctopus aspilosomatis and move it to the journals section with hopes that you will keep a record of your adventures with her.

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
Hi @Erica, how's Nymphadora doing? I agree with @DWhatley, let's get a journal going with this one!
:octopus:

Members online