Beginner :D

Discussion in 'Tank Talk' started by MikeLookingLost, Mar 3, 2007.

1. MikeLookingLost

MikeLookingLost Pygmy Octopus Registered

Hi,
    At the moment im just costing things up for a Marine tank, with an aim to keep cuttle fish after some experience. would a tank like:
    http://www.aquariumsdelivered.co.uk/catalog/baolong-ad990-front-aquarium-cabinet-p-641.html
    be suitable with its filters and such? Also what other equipment would you recomend (brands and such) for the protien skimmer,size of quarenteen tank etc.
    Cheers
    Mike
    P.S My experience has only been with freshwater fish and other non-marine animals eg (cats,dogs,cows,sheep and pigs)

2. DrBatty

DrBatty GPO Supporter

There are a lot of resources within this community that will answer the questions you're asking. I know somewhere around here, there's a thread floating around about protein skimmers. There's also a forum for tank setups. Try searching around a little and I bet you'll find answers to your questions! :smile:

3. Nancy

Nancy Titanites Staff Member Moderator

Hi Mike,

First of all, are you in the UK? (I'm guessing that from the link for a tank). You'd have access to different cuttlefish than we do here in the US.

Look at the top of this thread, where the "stickies" are. You'll find a whole thread on protein skimmers and also a very interesting thread on which equipment people have and what they paid for it.

If you want to keep S. officinalis, you'll need a bigger tank, although what you ave would be large enough for S. bandensis or various species of octopus.

I hope some of our UK members will reply to this, too.

Nancy