Been a long time

Discussion in 'Octopus Care' started by caz2022, Dec 4, 2008.

1. caz2022

caz2022 O. bimaculoides Registered

Hey all! Its been a long time since I've been on. After Sla'neesh's passing I've taken a break from cephalopods. I think I'm ready to take up the mantle again. I've been out've the loop for about a year and now I'm wondering if there's anything new I need to catch up on?

2. monty

monty Colossal Squid Staff Member Supporter

that's a groan-worthy pun!

You know about Colin and Nancy's book, right? If not, it's on the front page. Other than that, the species that are available may have shifted a bit, I forget what species were common when you were last around, but we're seeing more aculeatus lately, almost no bimacs, and a few briareus and hummelincki.

3. caz2022

caz2022 O. bimaculoides Registered

It was kinda funny? I'll have to check out their book. No Bimacs huh? Thats a bummer-absolutly loved my Sla'neesh. Whats the 411 on the hummelincki's? Doesn't sound familiar, but like I said, I've been out've the loop for a bit.

4. monty

monty Colossal Squid Staff Member Supporter

all the ones I listed have been getting pretty good reviews... Dwhatley's journal on Octane is one of the best hummelincki threads, I think (although I could be mis-remembering; she's had a few now.)

5. Nancy

Nancy Titanites Staff Member Moderator

The three species most available are aculeatus, mercatoris (a dwarf) and hummelincki.

Nancy

6. DWhatley

DWhatley Cthulhu Staff Member Moderator

Thanks Monty. Tane's thread is by far my best hummelincki effort. Serendipity went underground fairly early (this weekend I will fully give up and move OhToo) and OhToo still freaks out with the camera but is slowly wanting attention.

7. Animal Mother

Animal Mother Architeuthis Supporter

The little guy you kept that was never positively ID'd was an O. hummelincki, pretty sure. Vigo?