Bear Gulch orthocones

I got hold of the Mehl Silurian Michelinoceras paper and here are some pictures of radulae from the paper.

Attachments

• conv_299887.jpg
    conv_299887.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 122
  • conv_299888.jpg
    conv_299888.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 107
  • conv_299889.jpg
    conv_299889.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 115
Just one more picture from the Mehl paper - the supposed pair of tentacles. I wonder if these could be trace fossils since there seem to be some other horizontal burrows on this bedding plane.

Attachments

• conv_299892.jpg
    conv_299892.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 133
Cool! I had a feeling you would come up with that paper. :smile: I really wanted to see the pics. of the as you put it "supposed tentacles". I'm definitely not an expert on these things but (without seeing a closer view) I agree they do "appear" to be conveniently placed burrows. Still intriguing....one of my dreams to find some sort of tentacle trace.

A little disappointing isn't it? I've seen the paper referenced as saying that there are ten arm impressions, but actually it says that two large tentacle impressions are in evidence and that an eight-armed plus two-tentacled ("10 Fangarme") beast is plausible. Keep looking !

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back