• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

bandensis out in the day

Do you only have one? I've heard they are more active with other cuttles in the tank, but I have no personal experience with this.

i have 6.

Thales, do you think the presense of a fish in there could be scaring them? its a fairy wrasse that hid in the sand when i caught all my other fish, been trying to catch him for some time but having no luck. He doesnt even notice them.

They are far too big for him to eat. I will try and catch him with a hook and line.

Thanks

They are far too big for him to eat. I will try and catch him with a hook and line.

Thanks

I managed to catch him this weekend using a small hook and line.

Thales. All cuttles are approx 2".

Is it normal as they are (i would imagine) still juve to remain hidden during daylight hours?

I have started to try and feed them ONLY during the day.

DSC_0020_3.jpg

What does this tentacle position mean? My cuttle keeps doing it as well...

I think cuttles are more nervous with fish around. My mantis shrimp display vast behavioral differences in the presence of fish (hiding all day) compared to when there aren't any fish (out all the time, exploring, hunting more aggressively, eating kills in the open instead of dragging them back to their burrows)

djdime;136718 said:
I managed to catch him this weekend using a small hook and line.

Thales. All cuttles are approx 2".

Is it normal as they are (i would imagine) still juve to remain hidden during daylight hours?

I have started to try and feed them ONLY during the day.

DSC_0020_3.jpg
Cute cuttle!

Good news is they are getting more bold. albeit within darting distance of the halimeda.

If your a shrimp that area of the tank is a death sentance :lol:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back